A great opportunity has arisen to join an award winning, global, market leading Technology Company based in Gloucester. LearnPad develops award winning classroom tablet solutions for the education sector.
The Telemarketer will be responsible for creating new sales leads and setting appointments for our Area Sales Managers within the UK academic sector. This will primarily involve direct telephone sales activity into primary and secondary schools pro-actively following up leads through our website and marketing activity to create appointments for the field sales team and making direct sales to schools. Preferably the Telemarketer will be familiar with the UK academic sector, have experience dealing with schools and colleges as well as have a basic understanding of school ICT requirements and use, however this is not essential as full training will be provided.
The role will also involve the use of the companies CRM system to log sales activity, prepare sales documentation and track sales opportunity progress. The Telemarketer will join a small marketing team and will work closely with other internal departments.
The position will serve a key role within the marketing department and the successful candidate will be highly motivated to achieve individual targets, results driven with a desire to succeed and grow within the department. The position is office based, full time, term time only.
Key areas of activity:
- Generate outbound calls to UK schools to raise product awareness and interest
- Set appointments with school for the field sales team
- Engage in pro-active marketing campaigns including direct sales activities.
- Help develop direct sales in the UK academic sector.
- Note all customer conversations and activity in the company CRM
- Help maintain a clean and working CRM
Key skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication skills (telephone and email)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong telesales skills
- Computer literat
- Highly motivated, results driven
- Tenacity and persistence
Educational: ‘O’ Level or GCSE Qualifications, Sales training a plus.
Experience: IT/Educational sales, telesales, schools.
Office Based: Yes
Travel Required: Very occasionally
Salary: Up to £13,500 depending on experience (Term time only)
Please email CV’s with a covering letter to: