Admin / Finance
CFO / Managing Director
10 September 2014
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a very successful, award winning and market leading global organisation. LearnPad is a unique, fast growing educational technology company with office/warehouse environments. We are seeking a Financial Controller to provide accounting, financial and back office leadership to contribute to the Company’s success, operating effectiveness and compliance with group accounting policies and management reporting. This role will manage and own all financial aspects of the business and will report directly to the CFO and UK Managing Director.
- Full responsibility for all Accounting/Finance matters including all financial reporting, analysis, budgeting, forecasting, finance accounting and related duties for the Company.
- Preparation of accounts and related VAT and other returns.
- Responsible for all month end reporting.
- Develop accounting infrastructure, systems and internal controls
- Recommend and implement accounting policies
- Build and manage dashboard of key business performance measures
- Financial leadership, cost accounting, budget and forecasting, month end close and financial reporting, financial/profitability analysis, cash management, and demonstrated skills in executive leadership.
- Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- A/R credits and collections
- Calculate deferred revenues and software revenue recognition
- Assist with annual audit to achieve clean opinion and mitigate risk
- Perform month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Manages and maintains the accounting system, books and records
- Prepares and enter journal entries and supporting documentation
- Assist with tax compliance matters
- Prepare various management reports from MS Excel as needed
- Provides suggestions for improving processes
- Ensures that the internal financial reporting requirements of the company are met
- Minimum AAT Accounting, ideally CIMA qualified, Chartered Accountant a plus
- Five or more years’ experience in small company environment in accounting
- Strong experience with QuickBooks and small business ERP software
- Strong XL/Spreadsheet skills
- Ability to work with ambiguity and a wide variety of activities
- Detail and process oriented
- Well organized and analytical
- Effective communication skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
- Highly motivated and interested in being part of a small and talented team
‘O’ Level or GCSE Qualifications, AAT Minimum, CIMA preferred, Chartered Accountant a plus
Min 5 years managing Small/SME businesses with full financial responsibility.
Office Based: Yes
Travel Required: No
Salary: £35k – £40K DOE
Please email CV’s with a covering letter to: