Department: Professional Services
Reports To: Educational Services Director
Date: 4 September 2014
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join an award winning, global, market leading Technology Company based in Gloucester. LearnPad develops award winning classroom tablet solutions for the education sector.
As Educational Specialist the appointee will have responsibility for the curriculum integration of LearnPad, allowing customers to deliver highly effective LearnPad lessons and learning experiences. They will need to be creative as a large part of the job will be to create Lesson ideas and teaching materials for use in thousands of classrooms.
As Educational Specialist the appointee will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the UK LearnPad Leader Schools, working closely with them to write case studies and use cases as well as promoting best practice to our worldwide user base. Working closely with colleagues in the sales and marketing departments they will ensure new and exciting curriculum materials and functionality is added to the platform to help deliver exciting and engaging lessons using LearnPad.
The outcome of this role will be the improvement of the personal experiences, abilities and potential classroom achievements of the LearnPad customer base, through support, training and guidance.
Key areas of activity:
- Provide consultative services on the use of LearnPad tablets in education
- Deliver post sales teacher training on the LearnPad solution
- Provide internal training to sales and marketing teams
- The creation of curriculum and thematic based learning profiles
- Serve as liaison to publishing/developer companies and professional bodies to align with curriculum
- To liaise and assist existing school customers with best practice use of LearnPads
- To assist with pre sales teacher demonstrations and trade shows
- Determine relevant marketing approaches to raise awareness of the uses of LearnPad for customers through blog postings, email campaigns, social media and marketing tools
- Educational technology literate
- Focused attention to detail
- Highly motivated, results driven
The ideal candidate will have experience within the classroom, very possibly in an ICT role, and they will be familiar with educational software and technology. Any experience within the frontline delivery of education would also be viewed with significant interest. The position will serve an important role within the company and the successful candidate will be motivated, have a passion for technology in education and show a desire to succeed and grow within the department.
Educational: Degree/’A’ Level and GCSE Qualifications
Experience: Minimum 3 years teaching experience, with great curriculum knowledge and a good understanding of the educational technology sector.
Office Based: Yes
Travel Required: Yes
Salary: £25k DOE
Please email CV’s with a covering letter to: