Sales & Marketing
Head of Sales
25th July 2014
The Channel Sales Executive will be responsible for developing reseller business sales within the UK academic sector. This will involve handling inbound VAR enquiries, applications, analysing and monitoring reseller activity and sales, processing orders, collating monthly reports, managing expectations, making outbound calls and liaising with internal departments.
Preferably the education Channel Sales Executive will be familiar with the UK academic sector, have experience dealing with schools and colleges, along with experience of dealing with resellers in an education hardware environment. Experience of B:B sales and managing partners to achieve targets is key along with the ability to discuss clearly key product benefits as well as deal with competitive product comparisons.
The role will also involve the use of the companies CRM system to log sales activity, prepare sales documentation and track sales opportunity progress. The sales executive will join a small team of sales executives and will work closely with the external field sales team as well as the internal technical support staff on any technical sales enquiries.
The position will serve a key role within the sales department and the successful candidate will be highly motivated to achieve individual targets and results driven with a desire to succeed and grow within the department. The position will primarily be office based.
Primary duties for the channel sales exec are as follows:
- Manage and develop VAR sales in the UK academic sector.
- Assist in the production of quotations where necessary, process sales orders, produce forecasts and other associated documentation
- Actively support VARs, ensuring they have the correct collateral and understand the LearnPad messaging
- Respond to VAR applications and pricing enquiries
- Proactively contact VAR customers ensuring they are kept up to date with any changing product and pricing information
- Note all VAR conversations and activity in the company CRM and ensure all lead details are correctly entered.
- Help maintain a clean and working CRM
- Assist in the production VAR sales documentation
Additional duties are as follows:
- Assist with marketing activities, campaigns and trade shows.
‘O’ Level or GCSE Qualifications, Any Sales training a plus.
IT/Educational sales, telesales, customer services, schools.
Strong sales and telesales skills, understanding of the educational technology market, computer literate, highly motivated, results driven, good communicator/influencer, teamwork, organised, strong desire to grow and learn.
Office Based: Yes
Travel Required: Minimal
Salary: £18k basic, OTE £25k
Please email CV’s with a covering letter to: