Author is an intuitive App that pupils and teachers can use to write, develop and publish simple eBooks. Flexible for use across the whole curriculum.
See some examples and ideas below of how you can use Author in the classroom.
- Create attractive eBooks – pupils can easily make great-looking texts with images and a front cover.
- Easy to use – get started easily; simply type your text and tap to add Camera photos or images from the Gallery.
- Develop early reading and writing – pupils can adapt simple stories by adding their own images and text.
- Teachers and students can collaborate – try writing the beginning of a revision guide for your pupils to complete and add pages with a simple swipe.
- Teachers can create books – why not make differentiated versions of a traditional tale for younger children, or create a tailor-made non-fiction text?
- Create ‘test yourself’ interactive quiz pages – great for individual feedback and assessment opportunities.
- Publish as an EPUB2 file – open published books with our eBook Reader App. Children feel a great sense of pride as this creates a purpose for their work.
- Share and support – save and share books throughout the school to be enjoyed by all. Why not encourage older children to create books to inspire younger learners?