The LearnPad Animator app is one of a series of products that have been developed by LearnPad to bring exciting new educational experiences to every learner. Animator is a simple to- use animation app that gives students the opportunity to create fantastic stop-frame animated films quickly and easily.
Our schools rate this as one of their favourite apps because it really boosts the creative imagination. The Animator program can be used in most subjects, including Art (creating plasticine characters), English (using animation to complete a story), Geography (examining the movement of clouds) and Science (exploring germination and growth of a seed). Its potential is almost limitless!
- Real-time animation playback – Once you have captured some frames, you can watch the animation to see how it looks.
- Variable frame rates – The film being produced can be sped up or slowed down to give greater sharpness or a broad-brush approach.
- Copy and paste sequences – Repeat entire sequences by copying and pasting sections of the film. This can prompt some great creative ideas and save a lot of time.
- Review button – Play the last five frames that have been captured so you can keep an eye on your progress.
- Onion skinning – The previous screen you’ve captured will display as a guideline for the next one you take. This allows you to see the movements of your characters or objects so you can decide whether and how to reposition them.